Sunday, March 30, 2008

Nothing Compares...

To the greatness of knowing the Lord. I was driving down Mopac today and listening to an old Third Day CD of mine and the song "Nothing Compares" came on. Here are the lyrics:

I've heard all the stories
I've seen all the signs
Witnessed all the glory
Tasted all that's fine
Nothing compares to the greatness of knowing You, Lord
Nothing compares to the greatness of knowing You, Lord
I see all the people
Wasting all their time
Building up their riches
For a life that's fine
I find myself just living for today
'Cause I don't know what
Tomorrow's gonna bring
So no matter if I rise or fall
I'll never be alone, oh no

I've been a lot of places. I've been in so many different states. I've been everywhere that any person in the world might say is "great". I've eaten at some really expensive fancy restaurants. I've worked in downtown Austin. I've dressed fancy and been around people who have more money than they know what to do with. I've pretty much done everything that this world says should satisfy me. However, as I drove down Mopac in my nicely air conditioned SUV looking at all the mansions in Rollingwood, Texas I realized that everything that I've seen, done, eaten, spent money on doesn't even come CLOSE to what it means to me knowing the Lord. That the fellowship I have with the Lord is the sweetest thing in all of my life. That He fills me more than anyone in the entire world. And I say that with an honest heart. I say that because I've tasted the things of the world, and I've tasted the things of the Lord, and I can honestly say that knowing the Lord is absolutely the most fulfilling experience of my entire life. I'm more filled now than I have been in probably my whole life. My prayer and hope is that this passion that I have for Christ would never leave me. That this passion I have for preaching His name to the Nations would never leave me. That the Holy Spirit would live inside me all the days of my life, and that I would humbly listen to whatever He asks of me. I ask to never forget the Cross. I ask to never forget the unending amount of grace poured out into my life that I don't deserve. I ask that I never forget that I have a Saviour who came for Me. That he had ME in mind in His great plan. He is my Jesus, and He loves me.

The Lord has been good to me, and all I can give Him in return are these hands to serve Him. May he continue to mold me into a woman who seeks passionately after Him. May God be given the glory all the days of my life because absolutely nothing compares to the greatness of knowing Him.

Amen.

peace. love. hope.

---
leticia ana
romans 12:1


No comments: