I was tagged by Michele over at: http://www.nycrunningmama.com/
If you are not already familiar with this, here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself (Jen’s said 12, but Katye tagged me first so I’m going with those rules).
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
Here we GO:
1. Despite being a DIE HARD Texas Longhorn Fan, I actually attended the University of Texas at Arlington for a year and a half before making the transfer down to Austin. Not everyone knows that! Hook'em Horns!
2. I'm the youngest child of EIGHT (8)- ocho. Yep, one big Mexican family! Here are my siblings!3. I have considered myself a runner for less than a year. Last February I randomly decided to run 6.5 miles one Sunday afternoon. Before that I had only run 3-4 at a time. I have been hooked since! I ran my first race EVER in September, Rock and Roll Philadelphia and finished in 2:08:13 :) I am so proud! Hoping and praying to break two hours this year!
4. I don't like sheets. I actually sleep on top of a really soft blanket. This habit started back in High School and has stuck. I'm quirky, I know :)
5. Growing up my favorite color was red, but when my best friend got married and we had purple dresses I've been obsessed with all things purple since! I even have purple Ray Bans that my dear friend, Sara bought me!
6. I am NOT a morning person. I don't like to talk at all, but the one thing I really like to do is workout. I have had so many good workouts in the AM!
7. I have three best friends! I love them so much and we call each other the Fantastic Four. Two of us live here in NYC and two live in Austin: Mandy, Tonya, Candace, and Me.
8. I have a white tattoo on my wrist that no one ever notices :) It says "ὡσαννά" which means Hosanna in Greek. Hosanna is the cry of praise or adoration shouted in recognition of the Messiahship of Jesus. I've been a Christ follower since I was 18 and it's the foundation of my life.
9. I went to undergrad and studied Government and wanted to go Law School.... not so much anymore.
10. My favorite place in New York City is Central Park. It's beautiful and have had some major runners high moments there that I will never forget.
11. My favorite red wine is Lambruso and my favorite white wine is Reisling. I've only liked wine since 2006. I use to HATE it.
Here are Michele's questions:
1. What was the first race signed up for? When was it? Where was it? How did you do?
Rock and Roll Philly. In September of 2011. AMAZING. I PR'ed! haha! 2:08:13
2. What is your favorite color? Purple
3. Do you prefer to read stories and the training of elite runners or every day runners? Why?
Everyday runners. I love the running community I have found via twitter and reading all of their blogs.
4. Treadmill or dreadmill? Use to be the dreadmill but I appreciate it now that we are in winter!
5. Gear junkie or Run Naked? I ran naked for a very long time but after getting a Garmin, I'm OBSESSED with stats/splits/etc.
6. Is there an era of music that you prefer? Oldies? Classic Rock? 90s? Not really. Just whatever is popular at the moment.
7. Coffee or Tea? Tea.
8. What is a childhood secret you never told your mom? I got a paper clip stuck in a lock once and we had to get the door lock replaced but I never told her it was me! HAHA!
9. Favorite Olympic Summer sport to watch? Swimming.
10. Favorite movie of all time? Home Alone!
11. Cake or Pie? Pumpkin Pie.
I'm cheating and not making any other questions... :)