Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's Spring... kinda.

Yesterday it was in the mid 70's and spring like weather. Today, and the for the next few days the highs are in the 50's. I don't get you NYC weather. I don't get you at all. Regardless, I took full advantage of the nice weather and the fact that I work about a hundred yards from Battery Park and went on an easy 4 mile run after work. I had forgotten what it felt like to run in shorts outside. In case you are wondering, it's awesome.


This wasn't exactly what the sunset was like, but this is a picture of my favorite spot in all of New York City. When I turn the corner and see Lady Liberty in the far off distance, suddenly all seems right in the world. It happens to me every single time I run down in Battery Park. There's something about the freedom of running in a place that has produced so much good in my life that just overwhelms me with joy for this city and my friends who have become like family here. I'm thankful. 

So here's to warm(er) weather, outside running, and shorts... just a few of my favorite things. 

1 comment:

Steph said...

This is one of my favorite spots in the city too! I don't go nearly enough, but whenever I plan a run through that area, it always blows me away. Instantly, my mood is changed and I am in love with NYC!