Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God is on the Throne.

I don't typically share my political views or opinions with most people. I was a government major in college, and most people would never even guess that. I'm not into discussing politics, but I do enjoy reading and being informed on them. So, I've decided to express some of my opinions on my blog.... because it's mine and I have that right :) If you disagree, that's ok.

I'm disappointed in last night's election. But let's face it, I'm not the only one. I think about half of America is disappointed right now. But the same would have been the case if McCain would have pulled out the victory. It's heart breaking to know how un-unified America is right now. I almost wish that whoever won would have been by a bigger margin. Just as many people wanted him in office as didn't. That's disappointing my friends.

In the book of Romans Paul talks about submitting to authorities. Romans 13:1, says, Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. I think it would be easy to twist this verse around to not have to "submit" to Obama. The bottom line is that I truly believe that God is the one in control of this universe. I know that He is sovereign over all, and will be sovereign to live out his plan in my life despite who my president is. One of the things that I dislike about Obama is his use of the word "Hope". I don't like that it's on his picture everywhere I turn around. In my opinion it seems as though he thinks his reign in office is the hope for the world, and I couldn't disagree more with that. I'm need a President, not a savior.

I'm nervous about the radical liberal policies that he's proposed. I'm nervous about his stance and support of partial birth abortions. If you're a Christian who supports Obama, I'd be curious to hear what you think about that stance. I don't like his stance on heatlh care, "The Obama-Biden plan provides affordable, accessible health care for all Americans, builds on the existing healthcare system, and uses existing providers, doctors and plans to implement the plan." I think a universal health care system would greatly diminish the great quality of health care our country has. What do you think about his proposed Tax Increases?The bottom line is that this list could go on and on, but I'll stop there.

I'm not happy with the outcome of this election. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to agree with his stance on most issues. But, he's my authority and I'll respect the fact that he's America's president. I know that it's him who has the toughest job in America the next four years. I'm going to sit back and see what all he can "change!" But I'll never, and will repeat never, put my hope for the world in him. Christ is the ruler over all.

Over and out.

No comments: