Friday, April 24, 2009

How I love you...

My soul will forever sing how I love you, Christ.

Btw, I love that song. If you've never heard, you should download it.

I was reading in Philippians last night and came across this verse that I've been pondering on a lot today,


"But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all thing to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus MY Lord, fo whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, bu that which is through fiaht in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, that I may know Him and the power of His ressurection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead." Philippians 3:7-11

I want this verse to be true in my life. I want the things of this world to be rubbish to me for the sake of knowing Christ. I want Him to be enough for me. But I know that often times He's not. I know that often times I fail Him, and chase after the desires of my own flesh. It's such an ugly thing to admit, but I know it's the truth. My prayer is that every day I would live for the sake of His gospel, for the truth found in this verse. I know it's easy to say, but it's often hard to live. It's hard to live for Christ sometimes. This world, America, has everything my heart could ever want, but has nothing that I need. I needed that reminder last night when I read that verse. This world can fulfill some of my "wants" for a short time, but Christ will fulfill all of my needs for eternity. I want to live my life living out that truth and know that Jesus Blood is the only thing that will never fail me.

Do you find it difficult to live out that truth at times? Am I the only one?

I hope you have a great weekend!