Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Thorn in the Flesh...

Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself!Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, K)">for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:7-10

There could not be better verses to sum up a situation I've been dealing with for quite some time. I'm a relatively nice person, and get along with almost everyone I come in contact with. But of course there are some people I naturally connect with easily and others that are more work. However, I've been giving a THORN in my side. A thorn that has been very very very tough to deal with. It's caused so much distress in my life, that sometimes it makes me just weep. But I know that I have to believe that because I am weak, Christ is the only one who can make me strong. I spoke with a dear friend of mine today over lunch about this situation, and she spoke some really good truth into my life. She said, "Leticia, your identity will never be found in what others think of you, but only in Christ. People who know you, and know your heart would never be convinced otherwise." Those were words I absolutely needed to hear. It's just a tough situation when you hear over and over how bad of a friend you are, who how much someone "hates" you it gets so frustrating, especially when I've tried to rectify the situation and have gotten no response. Part of me has believed a lot of the lies I've been told.

Matt preached a sermon last year sometime and he said something along the lines of this, "You can't expect the lost to treat you how those who have the spirit inside them would. Just let it go. You have to quit holding them to the same standards of your Christian friends." I do need to let it go, but letting go is so hard when there is so much hurt.

Please pray for me! I'm sorry I can't be more specific, just know that I've been dealing with a lot and I just needed to get it out there.

No comments: