Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy 27th Birthday to me!

If you know me at all you know how special my birthday is to me! For some reason it's always been a day that I LOVE and I can't quite relate to people who just don't get excited about their special day. Call me selfish, but I love it! My love language is words of affirmation and quality time and this was met by so many people on my day this year! My celebration started a couple of days early with the picture above. My dear friend, and old roommate, Laurin, was in town for the past couple of weeks for work. She had to leave on Thursday, the day before my birthday, so she decided we'd go out Wednesday to celebrate! We went to Primehouse Steakhouse on the corner of 27th/Park Avenue and it was fancy pants for sure! Laurin and I went to an awesome steakhouse last year, so we (or I) decided to keep the tradition alive with choosing this place. My friend Ema from my community group is the pastry chef here and that definitely swayed my decision a little :) The food was absolutely fantastic, and apparently knowing someone who works behind the scenes at a restaurant gives you top quality service. We were treated sooo well. NY Strip, brussel spouts, mac & cheese, and then that awesome dessert you see above... bananas foster! It's the same dessert we had last year at Perry's in Austin, so we decided again (for tradition purposes of course) to get another one here! However, because my friend is awesome Primehouse also sent out a baggie full of their famous DONUT holes, in which we also received three tiny tubes of goodness to inject in them... what?! Needless to say were sooo full after that meal that I only had a couple of donuts. Luckily I have a roommate who appreciates dessert so those babies did not go to waste!

I'm spoiled.

I'll post the official day of birthday post.... soon :)

PS: Am I really going to Texas in two days for 3 and half weeks? What?!

No comments: