Friday, February 26, 2010

La Republica Dominicana


Last night I had the pleasure of getting to hang out with the two ladies above. On the left is Robin, who is a dear friend of mine who lives/serves in the Dominican Republic for Makarios. I volunteered for this organization as an intern in the Summer of 2007. That's when my heart was forever changed! Anyway, Robin was in town this week, and I had a chance to meet up with her at Dominican Joe and catch up. Getting to talk to her about the DR is always refreshing, and it was SO good to see her. On the right is Mama Barb, aka my dear friend Cara's mom. Cara also lives/serves in the DR for an organization called La Tienda. You can read about it on her blog. Cara and Robin have both lived in the DR since 2007! I didn't even know them in Austin. Our friendships all started there. I love these girls, and the organizations they work for. They have devoted themselves to loving HIS people in the DR and they do an awesome job. They are good and faithful servants, and I'm so blessed to know them.

Countdown to my next visit to La Republica Dominicana: FOUR months from today!!!! You don't understand my excitement about this. I will be in my beloved country for 12 whole days!!! Camille is coming too and she's pretty cool too :) AND cara's family will be in town too. It's going to be a party! We started planning our awesome July 4th weekend last night! Ha.

Enjoy your Friday!!!

No comments: