Thursday, February 25, 2010

STAMP of approval: Food Edition

I'm totally copying this idea from my friend, Melinda. She gives her STAMP of approval to proudcts she really likes. Here are a few of my favorites that I want to share...
If you have never tried this chips, DO IT! They are so so so good. Jillian Michaels from biggest loser even admits that these are the "best" chips out there. Never baked, never friend, just popped! Do yourself a favor and buy a couple of bags. I know they are sold at Whole Foods, Central Market, Sprout's, and Target. Haven't seen them at HEB or Target.


Up next, Pure Protein, protein shakes. These are SO good. Protein shakes typically taste terrible, but I can honestly say that these taste delicious. If you are wanting to get in some extra protein in your day and don't want to eat a lot more meat/beans I definitely recommend getting some of these. You can buy them individually at HEB or Gold's gym, and I also just noticed that Target is carrying them! Each has 35 grams of protein and are less than 200 calories a can.

Laughing Cow cheese wedges! These little things are delicious and perfect if you are a big cheese fan. Cheese can be loaded with calories (do you know that shredded cheddar has over a hundred calories for 1/4 of a cup? And trust me, you eat more than a cup typically). These cheese wedges come in a few different flavors and are 35 calories per triangle. You can easily pair these with some crackers and you are set!

My last but definitely not least stamp of approval is for Larabars. I first saw these advertised on Biggest Loser and I decided to try some. They are basically bars that only have a few ingredients, so they are pretty clean. They are pretty dense in calories (190-220) so you definitely have to factor it in daily, but they are worth it. My favorite flavors are Apple Pie and Peanut Butter cookie. You can get these at pretty much any grocery story and run about 1-1.50 a piece. That's all folks.

No comments: