Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Community.

I'm really thankful for community. I'm thankful that I have a great group of close friends who know me. Not the I see you once a month me, but the I see/talk to you multiple times a week me. It's SO refreshing to sit around a group of people and not have to complete catch up on what you've been doing for the past however many months. Honestly, that's not community at all. I am so thankful that I have friends who care about me, and when they ask me how I'm doing, or how my week has been, they actually mean it. I've found recently that I become very easily frustrated with superficial "community", in fact when people who I don't think honestly care ask me how I'm doing, I typically just say I'm fine and end it there. Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh, but I just don't like being fake. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I'm not trying to be mean to anyone. I'm just trying to be honest with how I feel. It might seem like I have a ton of friends, but honestly I have very few really good friends who know me intimately. I don't mind having lots of friends, but I also can't pretend like we are super close if we go months without talking/seeing each other. You make time for the people you love, end of story.

I'll end with the fact that the community I do have is great, and I'm so very blessed by them.

Over and out.

P.S. Spring Break starts in less than 2 days and I'm not sure if I've ever wanted something so badly then that.

No comments: