Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Break Recap

If you take a look at a couple of posts ago you'll notice that I had a list of things I wanted to get accomplished over spring break. The funny part is that all of them got accomplished except for one. And that was #1. However, today I'm happy to report that I indeed filed my taxes (finally!) tonight! I'm proud of myself for finally doing this as I had put it off for so long.

Spring Break was truly one of the most relaxing weeks of my entire life. I winded up heading to Brownwood last Saturday afternoon and instead of coming back mid-week like I thought I stayed until Friday morning! I basically stayed until the very last second I could before needing to be back to see my friends before a few of them headed to Egypt for the week.

My week at home was fabulous. I mean, like really really awesome. Mostly because I got a TON of sleep. My schedule was as follows: sleep for a long time, wake up late, watch food network all day, go workout, eat dinner, go hang out with my sister and her family. Repeat. The first night I was home I got 12 hours of sleep! I slept from 10pm-10am. Apparently I was tired. This past Sunday during my Get Trained class I saw one of my best friends and the first thing she said to me was, "Wow, you look really rested!" I don't know if that is good or bad. I want to find a balance of my life. I am always on the go, but I know the benefits and the command of taking a sabbath each week. I have to get better at this concept.

Last Saturday afternoon I got to go to the Rachael Ray SXSW party. It was AWESOME. When I get some pics from my friend Jaclyn I'm going to write a post. Until now, just know despite the fact that it was 40 degrees outside, it was really really fun.

This week has flown by!

Over and out.

No comments: