Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Gospel.

For I delivered to you as of freest importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in the accordance with the Scriptures.
1 Corinthians 15:3-4



The Gospel is good news not good advice. It's the good news that: Jesus lived the life that you should have lived and died the death that you should have died. So that God receive you, not on the basis of your record but because of Jesus'.

You've been accepted, therefore you obey. You don't obey to be accepted.

I needed to be reminded of the goodness of the Gospel tonight. I never want to grow tired of it. I never want to grow content of what Jesus did for me. I have to recite the Gospel to myself each day in order to try to live for the sake of it.

I am a BIG fan of this Get Trained class I'm taking with Fabs this semester. That girl brings a ton of truth into my life each week. She's challenging me to think outside the box. She's challenging me to live out what I say I believe.

Over and out.

5 days till Spring Break.

My heart is happy!

No comments: